1. Anything you don't feel fabulous in. If you don't feel great the moment you put it on, then you never will.
2. Always avoid shoes that are one size too big, or small. Don’t be tempted by the discount!
3. Only buy things that work with at least four other items in your wardrobe. Think carefully about what you can pair your new purchase with before handing over your credit card.
4. No matter how trend-led or heavily discounted an item is, avoid it if you can’t picture yourself wearing it again and again.
5. Don’t become a repeat offender! Avoid buying yet another little black dress if your wardrobe is already overloaded – be brave and try something new.